Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Another nautical birthday

A few posts ago, I used a lighthouse stamp for a birthday card and today I have used a different lighthouse from the same set from Clear Dollar Stamps. My father's birthday is Friday, which reminds me that I have to get this in the mail today (it may already be too late), and it is sooooo hard to make masculine cards since I mostly have floral stamps. But since his favorite color is brown, I decided to go with that and tried to create a vintage card. It made the coloring easy since I only added a little hint of brown to the image. The sketch is this week's mojo monday sketch #185 and I combined that with the make it monday challenge to use heat embossing. Sometimes I get over my head trying to combine challenges before I really think it through and I was at a loss for the heat embossing until I discovered that a stamp from PTI's simply stationery set sort of looked like a compass. So I stamped that on the top background panel and heat embossed it and then added little "N", "E", "W", and "S" with a watermark pen. I also heat embossed "Father" which is from Verve (can't remember which set).

2 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

Great masculine card - I struggle so much with them but the lighthouse is a great focal point. I'm sure he'll love it even if it is alittle late.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a great masculine card. Love the earthy tones. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!