Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Seaside birthday

If you have never checked out the blog of Michelle Zindorf, you should. The woman is a genius when it comes to building scenes with ink! In my card today I sort of combined two of her tutorials (here and here) to create this beach-themed card for my husband's grandfather. (We live in Rhode Island so it is extremely fitting.) I'm not nearly as good at using a brayer as Michelle (must need more practice) so I ended up sponging in some of my ink. And I don't have many ink colors, so I used creamy caramel for the sand and tempting turqoise and night of navy for the water (all by SU!). The card uses the Pretty Patterns #8 sketch (My Time Made Easy), the Pixie Cottage Challenge #68 to use either their sketch or make one for the boys, the Clearly Inspired Challenge #27 (Clear Dollar Stamps--who is having a fabulous retirement sale by the way) to use turquoise, and the Make It Monday (Papertrey Ink) challenge to use selective inking. The card is pretty self explanatory. The papers are from DCWV (check out the sand that makes up the background), the shell stamps are from a wheel (have not used one of those in a long time) that I "selectively" inked and the sentiment (both parts on the front and the longer part inside) is from PTI's Big Birthday Wishes that I also "selectively" inked. And the tag was made from a labels 4 die by spellbinders.





9 comments:

Sadilla said...

beautiful!!!!
thanks for joining us at the pixie cottage
hugs
sadia

paperkicks said...

absolutely cool!

Leigh Penner said...

I love how the front of the card is blocked like that-- very cool!

Kathryn B said...

This is just beautiful Heather! Love this beach scene you've created and I think you've done a fab job with your sponging! Thanks for playing along with MTME's Pretty Patterns this week!

Cassie said...

How beautiful, Heather! Thanks for playing in the CIC :)

Dawn Frost said...

Beautiful job Heather, great take on Michelle. I LOVE her blog! Thanks for joining us at CIC27!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh Heather I can just hear the waves crashing on the shore!

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! Great job with PTI's Make It Monday challenge!!

Kathy D. said...

Wow! what a beautiful scene. Nicely done. Thanks for playing with us at Clearly iStamp challenge #27. Come check us out Friday as challenge #28 is posted!
- Kathy (Clear Dollar Stamps DT)
www.dunnitagaindesigns.wordpress.com