Wednesday, March 28, 2012

happy spring

When I first saw this sketch from My Time Made Easy's Pretty Patterns #53 challenge, I wasn't too sure about it. But I really like how this card turned out. The image is from A Day for Daisies (a freebie to use in their challenge which is "shades of blue") and it fits the theme of the Sweet 'n' Sassy Digital challenge #46 to create a spring project. I had to adapt the image a teensy little bit by adding the little piece of tree trunk. The image is only of the bird and branch. But the way I cut it out and with the cloud layers, it just looked like it was floating out in the middle of nowhere. The cardstock, ribbon and ink (brocade blue and night of navy) are all from SU! I used the fleur de lis square die from spellbinders, the Guide Lines 2 set from PTI (for the patterned layer) and a sentiment from one of those dollar sets you can buy at JoAnn's or Michael's.

3 comments:

Cat said...

Gorgeous card, Heather! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at MTMEPPS!

Carol L said...

What a beautifully designed card in blue! Thanks for joining us at the SNSDC!

Tracy said...

Beautiful Heather! I love the patchwork feel and how you added the sentiment. ;-) Thanks so much for joining us at the ADFD challenge!