Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentines

Let me start off by apologizing: there are several photos in this post, but they do all go together.  I homeschool my oldest daughter, so we don't get to have all the fun of making class valentines and giving them out to people at school.  This year, though, Valentine's Day fell on the day that we attend a storyhour at a local church.  The storyhour is for preschoolers (for my younger two) and there is a craft time led by a homeschooling mom for the school aged children.  So, we did get to make Valentine's this year.

 This first picture show the little gifts we made for the leaders.  The one on the left is for the craft leader.  My daughter made the bracelet (she's 6 ok, so don't judge.) and I included a pair of earrings I made as well for both leaders plus two Dove dark chocolates.  Yumm!
 This picture shows the gifts for the girls in the craft time class.  Once again my daughter made bracelets for each of the.  She also made little cards for all the kids all on her own.  She loves creating, just like momma.
 These are for the boys: the car (with the greeting: You're 'Wheel-y' Cool!) is for the one lone boy in the craft class (we didn't think he would appreciate a bracelet) and the boys in the storyhour class all got bouncy balls and a chocolate.
 For the little girls in storyhour, I made two different Valentines.  We have several that are right around 1 year old and I didn't think the mothers would appreciate candy for them, so I put in little plastic butterfly bracelets.  And for the older girls, little candy bracelets and a chocolate.  Let me tell you that they all were a big hit.

These are cupcakes I made for the craft class.  Aren't they cute?  Little (ok, actually quite LARGE) conversation hearts!  From the cupcake book "What's New Cupcake?"  The ideas in there are so adorable! And this one was pretty easy, too.!  And the bonus to all this is that I got to use up some paper that I thought I would NEVER use, and they all looked perfect!

Challenges:
Timeless Tuesday #207--put your heart on it
Tuesday Alchemy #50--My heart's all a flutter (hearts/wings)
Flutter by Wednesdays #227--hearts (with butterfly or fairy)
Crafty Ann's Challenge #83--Love Actually

Supplies:
Paper: DCWV (a pack that I have had for at least 10 years and thought I would never use it up)
Stamps: Verve "Text Objects" heart; sentiments printed on computer
Punches/dies: Martha Stewart butterfly punch; spellbinders oval and scalloped oval, large dies

3 comments:

Danni said...

Wonderful projects!! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Ann Whitfield said...

Fabulous projects! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Carol said...

Fabulous little makes. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time. Carol DT x