Friday, February 1, 2013

We're Back!

Yep, that's right, it's the first challenge from Christmas Stampin' All Year Long for 2013!!!  We're going to start you off nice and easy: Anything Goes!  (as long as it is Holiday related)  Doesn't get any easier than that.


 As soon as I saw this sketch from Sweet Stop Sketches

SSS195

I had the idea to create flaps that open up to reveal the inside of the card.  It took a bit of work, but it turned out pretty much like what I had imagined.  Because I was also trying out the triple time stamping technique, I lined up all the layers and then stamped the image on all of them at once.  Unfortunately, because of the card design I had to use my stamp-a-ma-jig to line up and restamp the image on the largest white panel.  Otherwise I would have had this big blank spot in the center.  That would not have been cool.

So, it's time to head over to the CSAYL blog to get all the details of this challenge.  AND we are welcoming some new DT members--show 'em some love!  And make sure you play along; I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Challenges:
Sweet Stop Sketches #195--sketch
52 {Christmas}card throwdown--triple time stamping
Tuesday Alchemy #49--anything goes

Supplies:
Stamps: House Mouse; Verve "Merry and Bright"
colored pencils and random recycled buttons

5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

A cute image and beautiful stamping - thanks for joining in this week at 52CCt - Jacqueline xx

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Oh my! What a way to use that sketch!

Mynn xx said...

This is fabulous!!! LOVE the way you used that sketch and our technique! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

buggin2stamp said...

What a cute card. I love the way you used the entire image across all the pieces of the sketch. Very clever. Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop Sketch this week.

chrissy xx said...

Ohh! What a FABulous idea...The cutest of cute images and LOve the inside to. It really is STunning.....LOve it.
Chrissyxx