Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Under the Sea

 This card was inspired by my youngest daughter.  Her favorite Disney princess is Ariel and as soon as I saw this digi (A Day For Daisies freebie as long as you play in their challenge) I knew I had to make a card for her. And I knew I wanted to create scales to mimic a mermaid's tail.  It took a bit of time and used almost an entire sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock, but it came out perfectly.  I used my SU! scalloped border punch, inked up the edges with a little green for definition and to match a bit better to the digi color, then I staggered them and adhered them to a scrap paper.  After they were all adhered, I spritzed them with some glimmer mist to make them sparkly and magical.  You can see the glimmer mist and the glitter pen I added to the mermaid's tail in the second picture.

Challenges:
ADFD--anything goes (as long as you use one of their images)
House Of Gilli #51--anything goes with flowers and/or ribbons (I used ribbons)

Supplies:
Stamps: ADFD mermaid digi (a freebie if you play along in this challenge)
Dies/punches: Spellbinders "Fleur de Lis Squares" die; SU! scalloped border punch

No comments: