Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Gift card holder

 When I asked my sister what she wanted for her birthday she said a gift card because she feels the need to go shopping with someone else's money. : )  Who doesn't?!  So, that's what I got her, a gift card.  But you know that just giving a gift card isn't super exciting; it has to be dressed up a bit.  I made this adorable gift card holder and I think it satisfies both of our desires.
 This picture shows it with the band removed and the picture below shows how it opens up and stands the gift card right up.  Unfortunately, I lost the tutorial for this holder and had to guess on the measurements.  I was a little short on the two panels that form the stand, but it still works.
 The last picture shows some shoe clips I made for her, too.  Have you seen these yet?  They are so gorgeous and actually pretty easy to make.  A few feathers, a little hot glue and clip on earrings.  Perfect!  She's going to love them, but I'm not sure yet if I could pull them off or not.  What do you think, would you wear them?
Challenges:
Viva La Verve April week 3--sketch
Flutter By Wednesdays #235--anything goes as long as it has a butterfly or fairy

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Joyful Blooms"
Paper: DCWV
Punches/dies: Spellbinders floral doily motifs die and ovals, large; Martha Stewart butterfly punch; fiskars apron border punch; SU! corner rounder

No comments: