Sunday, January 26, 2014

Girly Graduation

I have 4 cards to post today and each contains items from the stash pile I am working on whittling down.  (You can check out some of my most recent posts to see some of the items that have been put to good use)  I have a bunch of die cut numbers in said stash pile and I was wondering how I was going to use them.  Lots of random zeros in there and almost all the numbers are white--couldn't tell you why.  Then I was reminded that a friend was graduating this weekend with her massage therapy degree and as she is one of the Sunday School teachers at our church, they were going to have a little celebration for her.  Ah, ha, a graduation card with the date on it!  Perfect for using up random zeros!  So, the 2 and the 0 were already cut out as was the sentiment panel (stamped already even!) = 3 items from the pile used up!  And I think it created a really soft beautiful graduation card.

Challenges:
Cards Galore--anything goes
Timeless Tuesdays #255--celebrate something new (a new degree/career and celebrating new paper for me!)
Our Daily Bread Designs Blog #187--inspiration photo (I was inspired by the white and pale colors in the left picture and the flowers in the right picture)

Word Art Wednesday #116--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Crafting by Design--get your girl on (this is definitely girly with purples, flourishes, flowers, pearls and rhinestones)
Sister Act Card Challenge #41--anything goes
Fussy & Fancy #106--vintage (I don't usually do vintage, but this has a nice vintage feel to me--I think it's the paper)
The Squirrel and The Fox #62--use at least three embellishments (I have lots of pearls and rhinestones)

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Celebrating You" sentiment; Clear Dollar Stamps graduation cap and "Elegant Flourishes" flourishes and flowers
Dies: Verve "Charming Ovals"; PTI number dies

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Card! I love the simple design! Thank you for joining us at the Cards Galore Encore AnythingGoesChallenge#1

Linda Carson said...

Such a creative and clever way to use you stash! Beautifully done! Thanks Heather for joining us at ODBD!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful graduation card and a creative way of using your stash!! The neutral colors and details are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!

kanatanewf said...

A beautiful graduation card - any girly girl would be thrilled to receive it! Thanks for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge this week at the Sister Act Card Challenge. Sheena B.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heather, what a perfect inspiration card this is! I love it and can see how you were inspired by it! And I love that it's a graduation card...amazing! And the best part is using your stash! I've been trying to do that myself! You inspire me! So glad you've joined us this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Warm hugs, Cheryl

Jessie L. said...

Absolutely beautiful! I applaud you for using up your random die cuts and whatnots. I really should do something like that as well. Thanks for joining us for our Girly Girl challenge at Crafting By Designs this week. Hope to see you for our next challenge!

Unknown said...

This is even more beautiful to me because I like using scraps. It is actually quite elegant. Thank you for posting with us this week at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson

Norma said...

Heather, I've been trying to whittle down my stash pile too, but it just seems to be growing instead...ha ha. Terrific graduation card. Gorgeous DP.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.
Hugs,
Norma

Unknown said...

Your card is elegant and I love it! Perfect for a grad card. Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and The Fox. Hugs, Lisa DT