Thursday, March 6, 2014

Sympathy

Sympathy cards are never fun to have to make.  I really should make some to have in my stash, because I usually end up not sending anything since I don't have anything made.  This one has a specific recipient, though.  The "button" is from my "bits and pieces" stash.  I almost wasn't able to make the stash work for this one, but the button happened to be a close match for the Berry Sorbet ink.  Yeay!

Challenges:
Paper Nest Dolls #5--anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #122--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Crafting By Designs--anything goes
The Stamping Chef #19--anything goes
Cas-ual Fridays #129--two shades of gray

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI "The Sweet Life" and "Boutique Borders:Sympathy"; DRS Designs "Chevron border" stamp
Dies: PTI "The Sweet Life" and Boutique Borders: Sympathy" and Button die
Inks: PTI Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet; SU! real red

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like the button is a perfect match. I have two cards ahead although for some reason I hate making them. Yours is soothing with the soft color. Thank you for sharing this wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday today. Blessings, Carole DT

Birgit said...

This is a beautiful card that I'm sorry you had to make. I just recently purchased the Sweet Life set and am having trouble lining up the shady part of the stamp. It looks like you've lined yours up perfectly on both flowers. Any tips or secrets you can share as to how you did that??
Thanks in advance. Blessings~ Birgit

Unknown said...

So beautiful card. Love roses and sentiment. Thank you for joining our Anything goes Challenge at The Paper Nest Dolls.
Jasmina DT PND