Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Happy Ribbons

Another card made this week on my quest to use up a BIG stash of bits and pieces I have laying around.  I had a piece I was trying to use on this card and it just wasn't working, so I got side-tracked and had it almost finished before I realized I hadn't used anything from the stash.  Ribbons to the rescue!!  I had four pieces of 2-3 inch long ribbon that I just couldn't throw away.  So I cut them in half, folded them in half and attached them to the back of the horizontal panel.  It really makes a fun border.

Challenges:
Mojo Monday #381--sketch

Cards Galore Challenge--anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Papers--anything goes as long as it is covered with patterned paper (the pink is actually patterned paper)
Word Art Wednesday #167--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Sister Act Card Challenge #89--anything goes

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Happy Day"
Dies: Spellbinders "Big Scalloped Circles" and "Classic Circles, large"

6 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Heather the colours and design are fabulous.
hugs
lorraine x

Tamie said...

Rockin layout and very cool way to use your ribbon. Clean design and full of inspiration. Thank-you for joining us at the CraftsGaloreEncoreAnything Goes January Challenge!

Tamie Dt

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper January challenge with your super creation - hope to see you again soon x

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fun card! Love those ribbon tabs. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Gail said...

I love this idea with the ribbons across the top. I would have never thought of this. Thanks for the idea for using lots of pretty ribbons on one card!!! Hugs, Gail

Jo Ann said...

Oh, what a great card. The colors are awesome and the inclusions of ribbons is lovely. So grateful you link it with us at Word Art Wednesday. There is still a bit of time left to join our current challenge and we hope you visit us again. Encouraging you with God's Word in Romans 15:4 and it says, "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."

Blessings always,
JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com