Monday, March 16, 2015

Peeps

Hi, everyone!!  This is my inspiration post for the new Love To Scrap Challenge Blog challenge: Anything goes.  We have several fabulous sponsors:
prize is 2 images

Leslie Turner (the owner of LTSCB!"
a surprise grab bag of goodies

$10 gift certificate

I was able to choose an image and sentiment from DRS Designs to work with and I chose the new "Simple Easter Bunny" and "Favorite Peep Greeting" because, really, who doesn't love a Peep!!??
 As you can see, I actually made 4 cards because I just couldn't resist.  I printed out four peeps on four different peep colored card stock then covered them with coordinating glitters to make them look all sugary like the real thing.  Aren't they just adorable!!??  I used the same layout for all four, just switched up the card stock color and I had to use two different floral papers to match up better with the card stock.  I started with this one for my grandmother because her favorite color is yellow.  This one is actually my favorite; it looks the most realistic.
 The pink one will probably go to my parents.  My mom shares my love of Peeps.

 The green is for my brother and his wife.  The green is the most "masculine" even if it does have pink, flowery paper.  : )  My brother says he does NOT like Peeps, but I think he just doesn't want anyone to know.
 And this one will be for my sister and her husband, but mostly for her because she also loves peeps, but only when they are stale.
Phew, you made it!  Sorry for the long post, but you just had to be able to see each of them.  Now hop on over to LTSCB and see what the rest of the DT has whipped up.

Challenges:
Cards Galore--anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge--anything goes as long as it is covered with patterned paper
Crafting by Designs Monthly Challenge--anything goes
Your Next Stamp #9--sketch
YNSSketch-9
Wags n' Whiskers #149--ready for Spring
Crafty Cardmakers #134--for a special woman (these are almost all for the special women in my family)
Word Art Wednesday #174--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
DRS Designs #165--flowers abound (all over my papers)
Frosted Designs--think pink
Sister Act Card Challenge #97--anything goes

Supplies:
Stamps: DRS Designs "Simple Easter Bunny" and "Favorite Peep Greeting";
Dies: Spellbinders "Matting Basics" rectangles; Sweet n' Sassy grass die
Papers: MME "Kate & Co."


18 comments:

stampingbowd said...

A great sketch to showcase these fabulously glittery peeps! I love them in the different colors!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

I am with you, Peeps are yummy and your cards are super cute! Great way to use the sketch and I like the glitter! Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS!!!

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

Such a cute card! Love the different colors!!

Tracy Penney said...

Okay these glittery covered Peeps are just the best. Love all the fabulous colours and papers. Thanks for sharing and playing along with our sketch challenge at Your Next Stamp.

Annette Allen said...

oh my how totally cute.. totally love. .thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp

Anonymous said...

While I don't like to eat peeps I do love these cards. I really like how you glittered the bunnies. Your DP and color combos are very pretty.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for entering our A.G. family friendly challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. Remember, you can enter up to five times. We enjoy seeing your lovely creations.
BLESSINGS, Carole

Byrd Street Studio said...

Oh my heck, these are just the cutest ever. I love the glittery peeps and the color coordinated base cards make each one unique. Thank you for sharing with Frosted Designs.

Shelia said...

Heather, your peeps are adorable!! Love how you covered them in glitter!! Thank you for playing along with DRS Designs this week.

Leslie said...

I just can't say enough about these adorable cards! The Peeps are the cutest ever and the colors are outstanding! Very nice job with these!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
3 Girl JAM DT

Unknown said...

Those glittered peeps look good enough to eat!!! Darling cards!!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!!

Andree said...

Fabulously fun cards. Lovely papers and colours.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore March Challenge "Anything Goes" and good luck x

BrendaB said...

I love these! Your sugary coated peeps are awesome!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

EEK!! So cute!! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

Raechelle Bellus said...

These are so stinking cute! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

Olivia1 said...

Heather, your cards turned out so cute. Love the colors and that you made them look sugary. :)

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

These are the best Easter cards! The peeps are just fabulous!!

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper March challenge with your delightful crafting - hope to see you again soon x